Dr. Joel Fuhrman, Weight Loss Guru, Best Selling Author, and Nutritional Researcher, unveiled his 7-Day Crash Diet on The Dr. Oz Show today. The Dr. Oz approved Diet promises to help us lose weight while allowing the freedom to eat all we want! Let’s check out the major features of the 7-Day Crash Diet.
The real secret behind Dr. Fuhrman’s Diet Plan is eating foods which are nutrient-dense. That means foods which are low in calories and have high levels of Minerals, Vitamins, Anti-Oxidants, and Phytochemicals. The nutrients help nourish our body and also make us feel full.
Following the 7-Day Crash Diet means saying no to processed foods! This is not really a Diet plan, rather it is a complete change of eating habits. Dr. Fuhrman has divided the Diet plan in to 3 simple steps :
1. Follow the 90/10 Rule
Eat 90% nutrient dense foods for the next seven days. Examples are beans, whole grains, nuts and seeds, fruits, and vegetables. The remaining 10% of our food intake would be made up of meat, dairy, and healthy oils.
The breakfast should be made up of light and lean food. Too many proteins make us stuff unwanted calories. Say no to eggs and yogurt and choose fruit, flax, and oats to start the day.
Beans are the recommended food for lunch. They help us feel full and help reduce blood sugar. Another great thing about beans is that they contain the fatty acid butyrate – it may help burn the fat in our body faster. Eat them in a burger patty, in chili or as a dip.
The supper should be lean and green. You may add an ounce of chicken to make the dish taste better.
2. Secret Weapons
Berries, Onions, and Mushrooms help improve our body’s ability to burn fat. These anti-angiogenic foods help cut off the blood supply to fat cells and as a result they starve! Eat more of BOM’s to lose more weight!
3. Skinny Shake for Detox
Take a cup of ice, 4 oz of pomegranate juice, 1 cup frozen strawberries, and Squeeze of lemon. Mix in a blender, add water – enjoy this detox shake! It helps repair the cellular damage caused by processed foods. The skinny shake also helps the digestive system work better, and reduces the stress levels.
Please check out the books written by Dr. Joel Fuhrman for more tips on healthy eating and living.