Dr. Alejandro Junger and Clean Team have a special gift for all Dr. Oz Fans. They have created The Clean Detox Manual and Sample Meal Plan to see if this is the right Detox Plan for us. Let’s see what the Manual says.
Clean Detox Precautions and Health Disclaimer
Dr. Junger says before we go through the Manual we must read the Health Disclaimer. Here is what it says :
1. Clean Detox is not intended for Women who are Pregnant or Nursing.
2. Those under 18 should not do this Cleanse.
3. Individuals with Active Cancer should abstain from Clean Detox.
4. If you are suffering from Liver Disease, Hepatitis, or Type I Diabetes – please don’t try this Detox Diet.
5. In case you are on Medication for Bipolar Disorder, or have an Allergy to any Food or Ingredient which is a part of Clean Cleanse – please don’t do it.
6. If you have a Medical Condition – please visit your Physician before trying Clean Detox.
7. Clean Detox is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any Disease.
Clean Detox Breakfast Lunch and Dinner
1. Breakfast ~ Prepare a Detox Shake using Coconut Milk, Rice, or Unsweetened Almond. Add Almond Butter or Avocado. Fresh/Frozen Organic Berries or a bit of Stevia would impart a nice Flavor to our Detox Shake.
2. Lunch ~ Enjoy a Solid and Hearty meal from the Detox Diet. Include Healthy Fats, Dark Greens, and Quality Protein to get the most out of your Lunch.
3. Dinner ~ Have a slightly Lighter Meal. One of the suggestions presented by Clean Team is Entree-Sized Salads.
Clean Detox Diet : Do Eat Foods
1. Plant-Based Protein Powder
2. Coconut Oil
3. Whole Fruits, Berries, Nuts, and Seeds
4. Wild Fish, Organic Chicken, and Turkey
5. Green Tea and Apple Cider Vinegar
6. Beans and Lentils
8. Brown Rice and Non-Gluten Grains
9. Whole Vegetables and Leafy Greens
Clean Detox Diet : Don’t Eat Foods
1. Whey Protein
2. Corn Oil
3. Creamed Vegetables and Peanuts
4. Beef and Pork
5. Coffee, Soda, and Alcohol
7. Processed Sugar
8. Gluten and Wheat
9. Dairy and Eggs
Two Essential Ideas
1. Daily Bowel Movements ~ This will ensure that the Toxins our Body is trying to flush out won’t be absorbed back. In case you are Constipated please drink lots of water, eat fiber rich foods, and do some light exercise. If all this doesn’t work – Dr. Junger recommends using Magnesium Citrate Supplement.
2. The 12 Hour Window ~ Between our Evening Meal and the Morning Shake there should be an interval of 12 Hours. It’s very important as the body goes in to a Deep Detox 8 hours after our last Meal and needs another 4 hours to do a deep clean.
We can have Water or Herbal Tea during this 12 Hour no Food Period.
Often we eat to satisfy our Emotional Needs. Think deep about these questions. Is it just Hunger which Motivates you to Eat? Feel Emotions like boredom, fatigue, nervousness, and sadness – rather than reaching out to Food as a Comforting Factor. We don’t have to feel bad – we just need to recognize what is truly going on inside our body and the brain.
True Hunger is Gradual, we are open to consuming different foods, we stop eating when we are full, and feel good when we’ve finished our food. Whereas Emotional Hunger arises all of a sudden, we crave a particular food and want to have it immediately, we keep eating even after we are full, and the end result is guilt, shame, and a general feeling of not being satisfied.
To prevent Emotional Hunger have a Cup of Tea or Water, take a Walk or Talk to a Friend. We can also choose to stay with the feeling until it falls away naturally. If we are eating as a result of True Hunger – Clean Team says we should eat in a Serene and Distraction Free Environment. Focus on Healthy Choices and please do keep a check on the amount of Calories you consume. Suggested benchmark is 1200 Calories a Day with 50-80 Grams of Proteins.
Some other important tips outlined in the Clean Detox Manual are :
1. Snack Mindfully or Not At All.
2. Rest More and Exercise Gently.
3. More Elimination = More Detox – Organic Skin Care and Beauty Products are better for our Skin. Use your Lungs fully and deeply. Use Massage, Jump-Roping, Deep Breathing and Laughing to shake up the Lymphatic Fluid and improve the Circulation. Drink enough water to keep the Kidneys busy, the aim should be to visit the bathroom once every 60 Minutes.
4. Eating Out Vs. Eating In – If you are eating out call the place in advance to check how they can cater to the Detox Diet. Invite Friends over and create and enjoy a Clean Meal together!
Please do check out Dr. Alejandro Junger’s Clean Expanded Edition : The Revolutionary Program to Restore the Body’s Natural Ability to Heal Itself for complete guidance on Detox and Eating Right.