Cooking Oil is one of the major ingredients we have to be very sure about it. A good cooking medium not only makes the food delicious – it also makes us healthy. What if we could get access to a Cooking Oil which tastes as good as the regular ones and could also help us lose the Unwanted Pounds?! Won’t that be fantastic? If you are a follower of The Dr. Oz Show you’d be aware that the Good Doctor is always at work trying to make our food and overall quality of life better.
Dr. Oz recommends Rice Bran Oil for cooking healthy and losing weight. Let’s find out a bit more about Rice Bran Oil and how it can help us become fit while not compromising one bit on the taste.
What Is Rice Bran Oil
We get this wonderful Cooking Oil from the germ and inner husk of whole brown rice. Asians have been benefiting from it for a long time and now it is the turn of Americans and Canadians to adopt it. According to some experts —> Rice Bran Oil is a very healthy oil which is all set to replace other cooking oils from the store shelves!
Benefits of Rice Bran Oil
Rice Bran Oil is a rich source of various nutrients which benefit our body. Let’s take a look at some of the major ones :
1. It is loaded with monosaturated fatty acids which make it healthy for our heart.
2. It helps reduce the levels of LDL cholesterol in our body.
3. It is a good source of Vitamin E that makes it a good choice for fighting the free radicals present inside our body.
4. Rice Bran Oil contains Omega 6 Fatty Acids. They help us by reducing our hunger pangs.
5. Rice Bran Oil is a rich source of gamma-oryzanol and phytosterols. While the former is good for our heart – the latter improves our health by lowering Cholesterol absorption.
6. According to a Japanese Research Rice Bran Oil was found to be effective in relieving hot flashes and other symptoms of menopause.
Cold-Pressed Vs. Cold-Filtered Rice Bran Oil
The real benefits will accrue if we use a Cold-Pressed Rice Bran Oil – as advised by the Good Doctor Oz. Be sure to check out the label before you go ahead and purchase Rice Bran Oil. Cold-Filtered Rice Bran Oil is not what we want in our Kitchens!
Please make sure that the Rice Bran Oil you are buying has not been stored in clear plastic bottles. That exposes it to sunlight and causes oxidation. Most of the Rice Bran Oils listed for sale on Amazon do not state that they are cold-pressed.
I could find just one option —> Botanical Beauty Ricebran Oil. However, it is pretty expensive at $ 8.99 for a 30 ml bottle. This product is in fact intended for skin care.
Among the regular ones Tophe Pure Rice Bran Oil is the best-selling brand right now. #26 in Grocery and Gourmet Food > Oils, Vinegars & Salad Dressings > Oils on Amazon!
Please let me know if you are able to find an affordable Cold-Pressed Rice Bran Oil which is specifically aimed at Cooking. I’ll be happy to include the information in this post.